We have not been able to band at all this week because of the rain every morning. Monday was a fallout day with record numbers of migrants everywhere, but we were short banders and volunteers to safely operate. The weather forecast is calling for 40% chance of rain tomorrow morning as well. We plan to band tomorrow (Thursday), but if you see that it’s raining at all, don’t plan on coming. We will have to close because it’s too dangerous for birds to be stuck in a wet net, not to mention miserable for banders trying to extract them! If it’s clear, come on out.
We will add Monday October 8, Columbus Day, to our public banding days since many people have off (and we need to add more banding days to meet our quota after this week). Pray that the weather cooperates!